Saturday, September 26, 2009

The School Website


I decided to take a look at Maywood Elementary's website, this elementary school is a part of the Northshore school district. Upon entering the site, I was instantly struck by the organized link bar on the left hand side of the page. It made navigating the website fast and efficient, I didn't have to search far to find what I was looking for. The homepage was clearly marked as Maywood's website and displayed important upcoming events. I especially liked that the website listed the staff directory complete with email contact information. I have found while trying to contact schools to set up observations that some schools do not even have the email address of the principal or office manager available. The only thing I found confusing is that when I went to the "About Maywood" page it would display a different sidebar of links on the lefthand side and so I had to go back to the main page in order to see the original (and more complete) sidebar of links. Overall, I found that Maywood's website was excellent!

Credit: Maywood Elementary

1 comment:

angelyna said...

Im glad to hear that your website searching was more successful than mine. I did not find my website to working as well. Maywoods Elementary sounds like they have someone who specifically works on their website while mine (central kitsap) however probably did not

Readers