Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Story

My decision to become a teacher stems from my love for children and my love for learning. My desire is to inspire the passion for learning in my students, whether it be a joy for learning the arts, science or mathematics! Though I am only a single individual, I’d like to be a positive influence in the educational domain. I’ve begun this process by being a leader in my own life through volunteer work and mission work to serve the community, both locally and globally. If you have not read Jeremiah 29:11, I encourage you to do so! This verse speaks to me so much as a student and as a future teacher. My desire is to help build a solid foundation for my students' future and inspire in them the desire to learn and be all they can! It may change in the future, but as of today I would ideally like to teach second grade. I have heard so many amazing things about this grade level and my experiences with second grade students has been remarkable. I will not limit myself though, and will happily work with children of all ages.

3 comments:

Prof. Sorenson said...

I think that a requirement for being a teacher or working in the education world is a love of learning. Your love for kids and love of learning is a great combination and a great foundation for your teaching career!

justhappilyeverafter said...

Thank you Prof. Sorenson!

angelyna said...

Second grade sounds like a fun grade to teach! They are still so maluable and they listen and think you are cool:) i for one will not have that experience working with teens, i will be their enemy at times but in the end i sure hope it helps them.

Readers