Monday, November 2, 2009
ActivBoard and Clickers
Last week we visited an elementary classroom and learned about the Activboard and clickers from the teacher. The Activboard appeared to be very similar to the Smartboard except that you could not write on it with anything but the special pen. The clickers (Smartboard) or voters (Activboard), which I believe are similar to the ones that they use at UW in some of the classrooms, are an excellent way to quickly quiz or get feedback from students. It's a great way to assess students' knowledge while at the same time protecting student privacy. I love the idea of having a diagram with empty a,b,c,d labels and multiple choice answers for students to answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I really enjoyed going to the classroom and learning more about the ActivBoard. I agree with you about using the clickers. I think it is a great way to assess students progress througout the lesson and get feedback. I have to say though that I think I like the SMART Board clickers better. I like that you can do several different types of quesitons instead of only true/false or multiple choice. I also noticed that students can click any letter with the ActivBoard clickers even if that letter isn't an option. I would personally prefer to ahve a SMART Board, but I would be happy with either!
Post a Comment