I explored the Free Tech 4 Teachers blog today and found so many great resources and ideas it is difficult for me to pick just one post to share. You can click here to view a large list of some of the resources. I am probably most excited about the learning potential behind virtual tours. Through the World Wide Web teachers can take their class on numerous fieldtrips without ever leaving the classroom. You can click here to read the full post; it basically introduces two virtual tours, one to the Vatican Museums and one to China's Forbidden City. These tours are a fabulous way to bring history to life in the classroom and provide an authentic learning experience for them. It makes learning more dynamic and engaging. Students could also "visit" the Lincoln Memorial, or any number of other tours available online. I looked up "virtual tours" in Google and came up with a number of possibilities which I listed below and will likely add to as I discover more. Fieldtrips online are something I had never even considered before but it is a great idea. Students can begin by researching a famous or historical location and finish the project by actually viewing panoramas and videos of the site as a class. This is also the perfect opportunity to integrate cultural music and art.
Other Virtual Tours:
Israel, Israel map
Additional Virtual Tours
Even More Virtual Tours
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You are finding some great tools that will be useful in your classroom. You will have a great collection of useful web sites that will be valuable as a teacher and your students will love the great places that you introduce to them via virtual tours.
Post a Comment