Saturday, November 28, 2009
Reflection #11: World Mapper
I enjoy reading education blogs simply because it is exciting to learn new ideas and find inspiring resources. I was reading one the other day and came across a neat online resource called World Mapper. On the World Mapper website I found hundreds of maps showing different kinds of data. Some of the maps displayed population data, others showed the amount of pollution, another showed religious affiliations. Besides the 696 maps they have available, the website also provides high quality PDFs of some of the maps so that they can be printed out and displayed on classroom walls. This is a good opportunity for students to learn how to read a map using the key and looking at the data that is being shown. After taking a look at several maps together as a class they could work to create their own maps, including a title, key, and labels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment