Friday, October 16, 2009
Reflection #7: Phonetic Punctuation!
We watched a Victor Borge clip in one of my classes the other day because phonetic punctuation can be a fabulous idea to integrate into your classroom. It makes learning punctuation fun, and when you pair it with saying the name of the punctuation before the sound it reinforces the vocabulary. I've picked this video because it demonstrates the idea so well, and Dean Martin is a favourite of mine! Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I didn't know punctuation could be so fun! I thought this video was hillarious. I would love to use this in the classroom--the concept, I mean. It would be helpful for auditory learners.
This video is great! I showed it to my husband and we were both laughing. I think pairing punctuation with sound makes writing and grammer a lot more fun, for the students and the teacher. Thanks for posting this video, now I have a reference incase I forget his name. :o)
I love this! By adding sound to the punctuation, it makes them easier to remember. This activity could also be used as an ice breaker. This would encourage shy children to participate more in the class activities.
Post a Comment